Wednesday 28 January 2009

self image

How would you describe yourself? (in a word or in a short sentence)

I've been asked to fill in this worksheet to do with self esteem and self image by my counsellor, and I'm really struggling with it. One of the questions was "describe your core belief about yourself/your personality" and in the end all I could come up with was "nothing special". Because I can't think what else I am. I don't know who I am.

I've also been asked to write down what I like about myself, and that is a HUGE struggle to answer. I suppose I like to consider myself a compassionate person, but then I still feel like I'm selfish a lot of the time, which causes a lot of guilt. I know everyone has to be selfish sometimes but...I just don't feel like I'm a good person.

So how would you describe yourself? I'm interested to hear what other people would say.

2 comments:

something more than ordinary said...

This one's easy for me because I've already done it. Something more than ordinary. Because I'm not really extraordinary, nor am I ordinary. I also like to think of myself as someone who is trying to be a good person.

Anonymous said...

I'd say "humorous," if I only had one word.

Things like that are tricky, especially when you know they're going to be really read-into like that.