Tuesday 18 November 2008

help

If I believed in God I'd think he doesn't want me to get help.

After my struggles to book an appointment with the university counselling service, I decided to try a new tack and go see a GP instead. After my experiences of working for mental health services I've come to the conclusion that medical doctors aren't particularly understanding to those with mental health problems, and it always made me reluctant to see one. But deep down I know this is the best option in the long run - they can prescribe me medication if needed, or refer me to on to a psychologist.

The university health centre has moved from campus to the city centre, and I couldn't find a phone number to book an appointment with, so off I went into town. I eventually reached the health centre to find that it was closed today for staff training. Argh! It takes long enough for me to build up the courage to try and get help and whenever I do I never get anywhere! I know it's only a little thing, but I build myself up for it and I just want to get it over with. I'm going to try again tomorrow, I really hope I make some progress this time.

No comments: